Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Go Pro instead of Plus?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by DeepShader, Jul 3, 2017.

1. DeepShader

DeepShader

Hello,
    I'm on Plus right now and thinking on a switch to Pro because of concurrent cloud build.

A few days ago Unity released information about changes to cloud build (https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/06/28/feature-highlight-unity-teams/).

So I'm confused.. does it means I can stay with Plus and pay $10/month more to get "concurrent build"?

Or what should this mean in the price-table for Unity Teams?

And maybe this is a stupid question, but who needs to buy UnityTeams separately if it's include in every Plus and Pro? Is this only useful for Personal users?

And I understand it correct, that Unity will change things to cloud-build for Plus and Pro soon? So this could mean that I would go better with Pro, because Pro-Users will get a faster cloud-build or some features that are Pro-only?

Right now there are not much "more" features in Pro instead of concurrent build and no revenue-limit (I don't think that the rest is important for the most.. 40% Asset Kit etc..)

Sorry for this maybe stupid questions, but I have to be sure, before I switch to the much more expensive Pro :)

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Personal users and everyone who needs more space.

3. DeepShader

DeepShader

Ok, thanks. One question is solved :)

Hopefully someone can help me with the rest ^_^'

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

(also, I think if you have a team bigger than 3 users, even with pro/plus you need to pay for more collaborate seats)

Also, I think that's a question for the Unity sales team. If you are under the revenue limit and you only want concurrent builds for cloud build, then I think you should be able to just buy that. Drop them an e-mail just to make sure.

5. richard-lee

richard-lee

Unity Technologies

So I'm confused.. does it means I can stay with Plus and pay $10/month more to get "concurrent build"?

Correct. With Plus, you continue to get cloud build (specifically, the automated build generation feature). Builds will queue up 1 at a time. To create more, $10 per additional concurrent build.

And maybe this is a stupid question, but who needs to buy UnityTeams separately if it's include in every Plus and Pro? Is this only useful for Personal users?

It's useful for Personal users. Instead of a customer needing to buy a Plus/Pro licenses for $35/$125 to get features from Unity Teams, they only have to pay $7 (or $9/3 to start)

...this could mean that I would go better with Pro, because Pro-Users will get a faster cloud-build or some features that are Pro-only?

We have not officially stated that Pro users will automatically get concurrent builds in addition to automated build generation (or any other features). We're actively looking into this. Until we have more to say for Pro users specifically, it would benefit you to plan to stay on Plus. At this point, it seems like the main reason for you to switch to Pro is the revenue limit.

Also, I think that's a question for the Unity sales team. If you are under the revenue limit and you only want concurrent builds for cloud build, then I think you should be able to just buy that.

Assuming you don't need any features of Plus, the cheapest way to do this is to 1) buy Unity Teams (starting at $9 / mo), which would grant you access to automated build generation and 2) buy concurrent builds for Cloud Build at $10 / mo / ea

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

This page is pretty official though.

https://store.unity.com/

If that information is no longer valid, please update that page.

7. DeepShader

DeepShader

Yes, please update it. Because today I spoke to the ServiceTeam of Unity and they told me thinks I've never known before:

Plus Users:
    CloudBuild 1 at a time and cool down for 30mins (before the next build could start)

Pro Users:
    CloudBuild 6 concurrent at a time and only 5mins cool down << THIS is a big difference and I can't find any page on unty3d.com which tells me something like that.

(in this case the special Pro offer for $75/month would much cheaper as $35 + 6x $10 = $95/month)

Now you tell us its unsure that Pro users will get concurrent builds in future? I don't think that this is legal, because every member who signs for Pro also signed for concurrent build as it was sold on your website. So you can't come over and set new lower limits for the same price.

Like AcidArrow said: Its very important to get clean informations about the different plans.

BTW: Automated Build means the Cloud will recognized if something changed and re-build the project?

8. Aurecon_Unity

Aurecon_Unity

I think this is a great opportunity for Unity to further differentiate Plus and Pro - a lot of Pro users are (rightfully) feeling like they aren't getting value out of the Pro license - making sure they are catered for with concurrent cloud builds and Collaborate user/data allowances would help with this.

Personally, we hold 10+ Pro licenses and use Collaborate extensively for multiple projects... I would be very upset to learn that we need to pay additional fees now for user and data allowances to cover this.

Unity - Please clarify exactly what Plus and Pro members will receieve as part of their benefits!

9. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

10. djarcas

djarcas

Only it doesn't say that anymore, so I'm now yet again left not having a clue what Plus or Pro includes or don't. But hey, glad they put lots of pictures of Cuphead there. That totally helps me.