Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GO Map - 3d Map for AR Gaming

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlanGrant, Aug 27, 2016.

1. AlanGrant

AlanGrant

GO Map is a realtime 3D map renderer for AR Gaming purposes.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/68889

It's really easy to use and customize, just build it on your device and go outside to try!
    - Or use it inside editor, it works great too =) -

Map Materials:
    You can customize every element of the map inside the editor without touching a single line of code.
    If you want to override some particular element (church for example) just add a renderer inside the map class and give it a material, it's that simple.
    The demo scene is already set up and you can use it as a starting point.

Buildings height and Roads width You can set the height and y position for every kind of polygon you want (buildings, water, green, etc) and width for road types.

Locations preset:
    There are some location presets inside the Location Manager class that you can toggle from the editor. If you want to use your own coordinates use the custom preset and set the values inside the demo coordinates property.

If you build for mobile platform (iOS or Android) the map will use your location if available.

host image

Features:
    • Standalone, Android, iOS;
    • Online 3D Map;
    • Easy customization;
    • Buildings, Roads, Water, Green, Earth data;
    • GPS based motion (mobile);
    • Basic controls: camera orbit, pinch zoom;
    • Keyboard motion (editor).

• Offline tiles;
    • Faster polygon construction;

GO Map - 3D Map for AR Gaming uses the MapZen vector maps API.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/68889

2. VargaPD

VargaPD

Dear Alan,

I really like your asset, the design and all.
    But it does not updates the position. I don't know if it's a bug or I have messed up something... I have built out both the 3d and the simple demo scenes only, I haven't modified a thing. I have Android mobile phone, and I'm living in Hungary. Could my location be the problem?

Sincerely,
    Peter

3. mimminito

mimminito

Any chance of an Android APK we could test?

4. AlanGrant

AlanGrant

try increasing the desiredAccuracy inside the location manager, maybe 50 meters is too few for your device/location.

5. VargaPD

VargaPD

Oh, I see... Somehow I thought that it would be more accurate when I reduce the number xd Thank you, I'll try it during the weekend.

6. iamsidv

iamsidv

Hi Alan,

I have tried the GO map asset and its a really good asset, impressive work done.
    However, while going through it I found that few of the roads are not smooth and appear to be clipped off. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm attaching the image below. Need your thoughts as to why is this happening?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1ykvzyj4v21kr2/Screenshot 2017-01-17 16.42.34.png?dl=0

Looking forward to hear from you.

7. kkuheana

kkuheana

I am also working with GoMap. My accuracy is off by about 243.84 meters. I reduced desired accuracy from the default (70) to 50 and then to 1 without change. when i see myself on the map, its not where I currently am. My google map shows me where i really am. but when switching to my app its off. Any help will be greatly appreciated. But I've spent a lot of time trying to improve the accuracy but can't seem to resolve the issue. Please help

8. grobm

grobm

Love the asset... just need some quick help implementing DropPin method.

9. v-schinazi

v-schinazi

Hi

I really love this asset and it works very nicely on my android (Galaxy S8). However, I'm struggling a little bit with a walking animation. Basically, the character does not update fast enough when I am walking in the real world. Can you please let me know which parameters I can adjust to fix this? I am currently using the default options where the accuracy is at 70 meters and the update at 0.01. The accuracy seems to be OK as the character is in the correct location when I start my app. The problem seems with the time it takes to update.

Thanking you in advance,

Victor

10. v-schinazi

v-schinazi

Hi. Did you solve your problem? Any hints for someone also struggling nit inly with accuracy but also with location updates?

11. lifiwayne

lifiwayne

Hi
    If i purchased 2.X version, could I upgrade to latest 3.1 version?

12. AlanGrant

AlanGrant

Of course, and for free!
    Just download it again from the asset store.

13. weyseal

weyseal

Hi Alan, is there a demo version I can try? I'm not sure yet if your asset meets my needs.

Thank you.

tiendanvn likes this.
  14. tiendanvn

tiendanvn

Hello
    I'm living at Japan.
    I want to purchased Go Map. I use Visa debit card.
    But I can not order. Have error

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction at this time. Please double check your billing details, try a new credit card, or contact your bank."

Please help me

15. BeregAlto

BeregAlto

Hi everyone, I encountered big struggle with GoMap.
    For some reason GoMap don't draw map on some devices. Its ok for pixel 2 and IPhone SE/6S, but Iphone 7 and Ipad shown empty screen (just character), and no errors in debug console (and no requests from gomap to map service too).
    In editor everything is fine.
    Can someone help me with it?