Search Unity

GLTFUtility - A simple glTF plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Siccity, Apr 1, 2019.

1. karonte

karonte

it works. I think problems are in Unity/WebGL compile settings. It's my first time and i cannot find a good guide to set up WebGL parameters. I have some memory issues in the browser sometimes after the third loading...

2. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

GLTFast runs fine in WebGL

Link here for anyone too lazy to look up what I'm talking about:
    https://github.com/atteneder/glTFast

Rensoburro_Taki, ina and wetcircuit like this.
  3. ina

ina

silently fails on mobile browser

4. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Did you make a github issue for this to report it to the developer? Please link it back here if you did, I'll help to test and chase it up

5. curiosoip

curiosoip

no android Importer.loadfromfile

6. george_playbite

george_playbite

@Siccity great library! I have a question, why is the Front direction the opposite of the Z vector of Unity? It'd be awesome if there was a way to change that through a configuration.

7. Siccity

Siccity

Are you exporting from Blender? Blender has -Y as forward axis which confuses most. I didn't include any settings because there is only one "correct" setting with GLTF.

8. carking1996

carking1996

So, I'm testing this. It works fine with the embedded formats but not with the gltf_seperate export from Blender (textures, bin, and gltf separate). It doesn't seem to load when I try importing that format.

Note that it does work fine if I use the multi-threaded loader! :) Might be a hint at what to look into.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  9. hierro__

hierro__

Hi everyone, how to export a GLB file with animation clip from Unity ?

10. pachermann

pachermann

you need to check first what the limitations are and what type of animation can be exportet to glb. depending on the exporter you use you can query.
    There are different exporter our there for glb, some nice ones on github.

11. hierro__

hierro__

Im using GLTFUtility and there are methods to add animationData, just I can't figure out how to inject that data into GLB

12. pachermann

pachermann

13. hierro__

hierro__

fherbst likes this.
  14. pachermann

pachermann

15. tkdwnsable

tkdwnsable

Hello, does anyone know how to resize my glb model when runtime importing? It's hard to do with Transform.localScale alone

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  16. hierro__

hierro__

17. fherbst

fherbst

@hierro__ if you're using the prefrontal cortex fork of UnlityGltf you can export animation data from Animators, legacy animation, and via a Timeline recorder track.
    If something is not working please open an issue in that repo (I'm the maintainer). Thanks!

18. hierro__

hierro__

Hi, thank you for response, I saw that with an animator component is working was wondering about how to do that by script, via AddAnimationData

19. fherbst

fherbst

There's s a GLTFRecorderBehaviour that you can look at for an implementation of this, please open an issue if that's not sufficient with an explanation of your usecase. Thanks!

20. hierro__

hierro__

Thank you very much for your interest and time, is there any link to explore or documentation ?

21. UnityLearnerHR

UnityLearnerHR

22. UnityLearnerHR

UnityLearnerHR

It doesn't work..

Attached Files:

23. unity_0DBB92696C21910327BA

unity_0DBB92696C21910327BA

Hi. Is there any way I can calculate bounds of the gltf model?

marck_ozz likes this.
  24. PraveenBalu

PraveenBalu

Hi Can you tell me how to load a gltf 3d model in runtime via local storage or onlin usin this Gltf Utility?

25. PraveenBalu

PraveenBalu

Hi, I am having file path error. Did you get the solution on how to load from local storage? if you know Could u please tell me how to load a model from any storage?

26. PraveenBalu

PraveenBalu

For me the embedded glb and gltf are importing properly, but the separat bin and texture gltf is not getting loaded in runtime
    Do you know what the problem?

27. TheJavierD

TheJavierD

I found a super weird issue, the rotations of a bunch of elements in this 3d model are wrong. Upon further inspection it seems like all the pieces that were mirrored are off

28. Muhammad079

Muhammad079

@Siccity
    Can you please help me? Pleaseeee
    I was using your library and it worked fine and my project also contains Readyplayerme and it also has gltf utility. I was downloading my models and it was freezing a little but it worked fine.
    Then I tried using importglbasync for Webgl and it shows the download progress but it doesn't load the model in the scene on chrome but works fine in editor.
    So I thought to revert the change but now when I reverted it started showing me the memory error (access out of bounds) and now is not working anymore. Please helpppp

Please help me if anyone can...
    @ina @Siccity @anyone @all

29. Lumpazy

Lumpazy

Does Anyone know where to find a documentation. I must be missing something, but there is only installation etcetc.
    Any use cases / examples ?
    I may be missing something here :) ? but i don't even know if this is supposed to be used in the editor or script.