Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GLSL UV transform with float _Time possible?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by ShaZe88, May 29, 2013.

1. ShaZe88

ShaZe88

Hello everybody, I am currently struggling with a little shader problem that prevent me from presenting anything on iOS.

Basically I am trying to get a simple sliding shader + color to render properly however after multiples hours of headache, I realized that the #prama surface shader were not compatibles with mobile devices.

So the only thing that I have left is trying to get a GLSL Shader to slide however this does not seems possible since it look like the built-in variables does not contain the special _Time Modifier...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. ShaZe88

ShaZe88

Now that I thinks about it, it must be an issue within the Unity Engine since I successfully got a similar shader using surface to work on a 3d mesh, The problem occur when using Graphics.DrawTexture using a shader.

Also, it is slightly interresting that the shader seems to be working well since the alpha blending functions are properly executed. However as soon as you want anything render on the opaque pixels (from texture, colored pixels, anything) the opaque section only appear black.

Last edited: May 29, 2013