Search Unity

Bug GlobalMessageListener generates garbage every frame?

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by Antares, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Antares

Antares

Hello, I was profiling and found some garbage every frame, and suddendly found the culprit.
    Is there any reason on why Global Message Listener has an OnGui function not wrapped on UNITY_EDITOR??
    This by itself generates garbage every single frame.

2. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Relevant UVS developers don't really visit the forums here. They've also stopped interacting on Discord. The only way you'll get something addressed is by submitting a bug report via regular bug reporting means.

3. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

Lol I'm not relevant. "Poor TechArt working in the VS team crying in a corner. :p". But yeah, summer, vacations and planning sessions reduce our time on platforms.

Like PanthenEye say, your chance to bring up the best way to bring the problem to the team is to use the link to Unity QA - Bug Reporting - Unity (unity3d.com). So we don't miss it if anything happen and nobody get time to scrub the forum.

You can also help us by adding a Bug label on your thread, so our QA or devs, can quickly pass over the forum and see if we have some stuff we missed. I also try to provide links when issues are open to public and try to pass back on the bug threads, to point out fixed issues, witch I haven't been able to do for months.

4. Antares

Antares

How can I change the label? I can't find where to edit it.

5. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

1. On top of your thread, hover on the "Thread Tools" option and select Edit Thread
      upload_2022-10-3_9-28-53.png

2. Then before your title, click to change your General Prefixes.
      upload_2022-10-3_9-27-52.png

3. Save and you are done.

6. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Sorry, poor wording. Meant the core developers who typically address these performance issues. They've said on Discord they don't visit Unity forums at all, but Discord has gone radio silent as well. Ergo, that leaves bug reports as the only means of informing devs about issues.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  7. Antares

Antares

Thank you for the help with the title!

ericb_unity likes this.