Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Global Illumination Baked Specular problem

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by tfike, Jun 27, 2015.

1. tfike

tfike

I've tried to use "Directional Specular" baked GI for a scene, and I don't see any GI information -- see "bakedDirectionalSpecular" below. Seems whenever I switch to the specular mode everything goes to hell. Can I get specularity using regular directional mode? Pretty confusing coming from Unity 4. I can get some great lighting results, then I toggle something and everything is broken.... Everything is baked, we do not use realtime lighting. The screenshots are the 'baked' rendering mode.

Attached Files:

bleu likes this.
  2. bleu

bleu

Have you tried using the specular standard shader when baking lighting in specular mode?