Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Global Illumination and animated Door?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Asta_D, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Asta_D

Asta_D

Hello

As written in den subject of this thread i am searching for a solutions that my GI ist working with the animated door in my scene. The GI works fine for every static object, but how can i get my door lighted correctly? I thought the GI is done in real time, so what i have to do to get it right here.

Greetings from Germany
    Asta

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Make it light probe lit?

3. Asta_D

Asta_D

I got it. If i give the object a static lightmap, it works fine for my purpose. you havr to set the Lightmaps on static in the object tab of the Lighting window.

AcidArrow likes this.
  4. SteveB

SteveB

Unity intended to have a script for this exact behavior quite some time ago when 5.x was first announced (see Blog post)

"After the precompute has finished the relationship between the systems is known and this can be used in the run-time to partially alleviate the limitation of static geometry. At run-time the amount of indirect light transferred between systems can be controlled. This allows you to fade in bounce between systems and this can be used to achieve effects such as destruction or opening doors."

"Q: Can I do opening of doors and gates?
    A: As discussed above authoring systems and scripting the exchange of bounce between systems depending on the door or gate will solve this in some cases. (The scripting extensions needed for this are expected to arrive in 5.x.)"

Mind you this was posted back in September of 2014, so yea I'm not certain why this has yet to be made available or even discussed any further.

Cheers

-Steven