Search Unity

Global Gravity Setting?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cgoran, Sep 15, 2005.

1. cgoran

cgoran

How can I change the global gravity amount?
    Currently my character falls way too slow.

hopetolive likes this.
  2. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Edit -> Project Settings -> Physics or even better is Edit -> Project Settings -> Time and increase time to something like 2 or whatever feels right for your need.

hopetolive and sandpuppy7 like this.
  3. cgoran

cgoran

thanks. When I just tried that, unity did not open the options window....restarting it.

4. cgoran

cgoran

Sweet got it now!
    Know how to trigger animation?

5. d.ibrahimoglu

d.ibrahimoglu

6. DavidC02

DavidC02

I know this is an old thread, but why is changing Time better?

Dieter_Dagger likes this.
  7. MacSecrest

MacSecrest

Changing Time setting to make a player fall faster is a bad idea. Time affects GLOBAL things like physics, WaitForSeconds, deltaTime (if Time is 0)

Just change the gravity or the weight of the player.

8. Justinger

Justinger

I'd need to double check inside Unity, but I think weight doesn't affect falling speed, but things like inertia. I'd stick with upping gravity when trying to increase falling speed.

CharlesisCharles likes this.
  9. FalsAlarm

FalsAlarm

In case your game is a 2d game, then you'll be seeking the following code in order to change gravity.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Physics2D.gravity = new Vector3(10f,0f,0f);
    I was having trouble getting this working with Physics.gravity so this resolved my issue.

LunaWoolf likes this.
  10. Honorsoft

Honorsoft

I'll try adjusting Global Gravity but I've seen posts of people who are unhappy with the results and are looking for ways to increase fall speed without changing gravity (I don't know why). I have the same problem too, the default gravity is unrealistic, too slow. None of the posts I have read (it's 2017 now) mention the second problem with Unity's default gravity though. The 1st problem is the fall speed (a lot of people say their objects fall too slow), but the 2nd problem is the acceleration curve. If I increase the gravity it still won't look realistic because the object needs to fall quicker. For example, when I walk off a ledge in my game, the player does a 'road-runner' style pause in mid air before it starts falling. Any advice would be appreciated. I've read a couple of posts mentioning inertia and momentum but that is for when an object is already falling.

11. Waffle552

Waffle552

@Honorsoft I would take a look at you colliers and the material. It is a possibility that the friction on the material it causing it not to fall right away

danielmonkeyz likes this.
  12. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

hi everyone, another option is to decrease Drag on your rigid-body to make it fall faster.

SamppaS72 likes this.
  13. SamppaS72

SamppaS72

Worked for me, with gravity put to 30 and drag 1

14. TKDHayk

TKDHayk

glad to hear