Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

global Custom pass volume fail

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by acropole, Mar 9, 2020.

1. acropole

acropole

Hi,

I have this graph :
    graph.gif
    Why does it work on terrain
    terrain.jpg
    but not on global custom pass volume :
    volume.gif

Thanks.

2. antoinel_unity

antoinel_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey,

ShaderGraph is not yet supported in FullScreen custom passes so it won't work. We plan to have a master node for all fullscreen effects but it's still in development right now.
    The only alternative right now is to write the shader manually, you can start by creating the template for a custom fullscreen pass shader (in the create HDRP shader context menu:) upload_2020-3-10_15-3-57.png
    And then modify the code to achieve your effect.

3. acropole

acropole

Thank you.
    I did this, only changing the return value of FullScreenPass to float4(1,0,0,1).
    But nothing happens when adding the material to a default custom pass volume.
    Strangely everything become red I set up the material on a default cube... disabling the mesh renderer disable the effect.

4. meadjix

meadjix

If nothing renders you can check the injection point of your custom pass, there are some points where rendering the color does nothing (before rendering and after opaque an normals for example, because the color buffer will be overwritten by other objects). You have the description of each injection points here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...ustom-Pass.html?q=custom pas#injection-points

If you still experience issues, you can check what happens to your effect using the frame debugger, the custom pass name will appear as a pass: upload_2020-3-18_10-13-54.png