Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Glitchy animations

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jermaine, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jermaine

jermaine

hello everyone I have have a bunch models in milkshape3d. They are animals with full walk, run attack animations. After exporting them to .fbx and importing them to unity. I try to get the animations to work. I try to type in the animation splits. (I check the box thats says split animations)
    idle 0-60
    walk 61-80
    run 81-110

etc...

So far the only animation I can get to work is idle/ or root. The other animations either do not work, or only one section of the model is moving which is kind of entertaining..lol.. or they just kinda rock back and forward (kinda just shake).

Sometimes the animation frames do not match what I type into unity. (ex sometimes typing 61-80 for the walk animation, would actually play the die animation).

Is this a known issue with milkshape exporting? anyway to fix this?

Any HELPS? PLEASE THIS KILLING ME

2. Paulius-Liekis

Paulius-Liekis

Can you import your fbx animation into any other 3d package (or at least back into milkshape) and verify that it is exported correctly?

3. jermaine

jermaine

ya I imported back in milkshape with no trouble.

4. Paulius-Liekis

Paulius-Liekis

Can you make a small project which reproduced the project and send it to me?

5. Paulius-Liekis

Paulius-Liekis

Problem seems to be caused by FrameRate in exported FBX not matching FrameRate in your 3d tool (milkshape3d in this case). Can you control FrameRate in milkshape3d (or control exported framerate)? I'm guessing that you're using around 30FPS in milkshape3d and it uses 60FPS for export.

6. jermaine

jermaine

well if it is possible to do that milkshape can someone post how, I cant figure it out.