Search Unity

Glam Glitter Shaders 2 - The shader never seen before!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Spaventacorvi, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Updated 28-03-2016

Once upone a time, the world of video games that was a sad, dark and desolate place... :(

But now you can cover your video games
    with a lot of glittering and sparkling rhinestones using...

The shader that will make
    all your 3D models sparkle...

even the ugliest!!!

Glam Glitter Shaders

The shader never seen before

Fully configurable!
    Easy and fun to use!
    Fantastic sample materials already included!

Glam Glitter Shaders v2.1 include:
    Four kind of wonderful effects
    Glitter
    Prismatic
    Holographic
    Palette cycling
    for a total of 24 different configurations for performance optimization!

The videos!

Don't miss this opportunity.

Now available on the Asset Store!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    WARNING!
    Before you buy it!
    The manual is not ready yet.
    Although there is not a manual yet, the use of the shaders is simple and intuitive.
    Look at the last posts for news.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Hikiko66 likes this.
  2. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

nice one like car paint shader

3. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Thanks.
    I'm thinking to include in the next update those cheap shaders like glass, chrome and rubber for tyres that I have used in the demo just for that purpose.

4. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

First update.
    It hould be online next week.

Glam Glitter Shaders v1.0.1

# Features
    - Added a sample material

# Bug fixes
    - Fixed a bug that prevent lightmap baking of other objects in the scene.
    - Standard Assets folders have been moved under GGS folder to include them in the package.

# Documentation
    - Some translation corrections.
    - Added links and some image in the manual.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  5. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Added video in the first post.

6. hopeful

hopeful

I like this! If anyone does get a chance to test this on mobile - esp. Android - I'd be curious to know how it performs.

7. kenshin

kenshin

Nice job, bookmarked!

Bravo Spaventacorvi!
    Ciao
    Stefano

8. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

I have started some test on iOS and next week i think to do some test on Android.
    On iPad Air the sample scene that you can see in the demo, reach 60 fps without bloom, with bloom drop down to 30 fps.
    On iPhone 4S are just 25/30 fps without bloom.
    Please note, however, that it's a scene with 15 materials and more than 30 textures. :D
    However, I don't recommend to use more than one material at time on mobile.

Although the simplest versions of the shader already works on mobile, removing some not-so-useful features it should work at better performance.

The main problem is the limit of the max numbers of textures that these device can handle and, in the most complete configuration with normals and specular, it prevents to work properly, but I can bypass it using the alpha channel in the mask texture.

I think that I can upload an update with the mobile version in a couple of weeks... stay tuned!

Hey grazie, ciao! :D

hopeful likes this.
  9. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Mobile version added to the package.
    Now you have no excuse!

hopeful likes this.
  10. gecko

gecko

Does this work on Unity 5?

11. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Sure, you can have some problem with the sample scene but shaders and example materials are fully functional.

12. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

seems to be a problem in latest version of unity when launching a project that contains this.

"Assets/Glam Glitter Shaders/Editor/Image Effects/CameraMotionBlurEditor.js(93,9): BCE0004: Ambiguous reference 'preview': CameraMotionBlurEditor.preview, UnityEditor.Editor.preview."

13. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

Solution: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/918410/ambiguous-reference-preview.html

14. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

hmm they don't seem to sparkle anymore in Unity 5.1.2. No errors. Adjusting controllers in template materials doesn't seem to have any effect either. Any thoughts? Thanks

15. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

16. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Hi Billy, thanks for purchasing.

The picture is really weird.
    I have tested it in a new project in Unity 5.1.2 with the package downloaded from Asset Store, so not with something different, and the shaders still work perfectly.

When you import the package you should deselect the Editor and Standard Asset folder to avoid problems with image effects that are 4.x version.
    So, if you are already working on a 5.x project, don't import these folders or them can overwrite the 5.x version of images effect. But you can just replace them, don't worry.
    In an empty project just delete them.

But this don't affect the materials that are in the Samples folder and you can see the scene in the editor view.

If you still have problems, please send me an email to the address in the manual with the invoice number.

Anyway, I will publish the new version, Glam Glitter Shaders 2, for Unity 5 more or less in mid-September along with other new and cool shaders included in the package.

As usaual, excuse me for my bad English.

hopeful likes this.
  17. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

Thanks for the reply. I've done some more tests and still can't get it to work, even with a clean project and unchecking the Editor and Standard Assets folders when importing. Could it have something to do with using the Educational version of Unity 5? This appears to be the equivalent of the Personal edition, whereas I had the pro version of Unity 4 in which the glitter shades worked fine.

Thanks again

18. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

I'm using the Personal edition 5.1.2p3, so I don't think this is the problem.
    Are you developing for some platform different from PC, Mac & Linux Standalone?
    Are you using some different rendering path? For example the shader doesn't work in Vertex Lit.
    You can also try to reset the lighting setting.

19. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

my main project is set to build for ios but it's the same if I make a blank project, import your package and load the sample scene. Rendering path is set to the default "Forward" and the lights were already in the sample scene. Not sure what else to try.

Thanks

20. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

oh and when I load the scene I get this warning.

"HDR and MultisampleAntiAliasing (in Forward Rendering Path) is not supported. This camera will render without HDR buffers. Disable Antialiasing in the Quality settings if you want to use HDR.
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

21. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

very glitter look. Nice one. I hope a stable version for U5, coming out soon. Bookmarked!

EDIT

I can't wait for your reply. And, I went ahead to buy your shader. I must say I'm pretty impressed.

The Demo scene works fine with some minor modifications:

Just change 'preview' variable name to 'preview_'.

The Bloom effect does not work well with Forward rendering path.
    The Bloom effect works on Deferred rendering path.

I did a quick test on iOS platform. The Shaders work fine. The Bloom effect does not work well with Forward, Deferred rendering path.

Can't wait for the next update man. This shader rocks, very beautiful and unique!!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Spaventacorvi likes this.
  22. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

Are you using Unity 5? I can't understand why it isn't working for me, just loading the demo scene in a brand new project.

Thanks

23. liverolA

liverolA

I got angry when I paid 25$ for a package without shader source,
    I can't event tweak some transparent shaders.
    There is no warning in the assetstore description!!!
    If the author won't post the shader sources,I will ask for a refund!
    This is cheat!!

24. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Sorry for the delay but I didn't receive notification of new posts.

Thanks. :)

Thanks again.
    However the problem is due to the fact that I have included image effects of Unity 4, has nothing to do with the shaders, but thanks for the fix! :cool:

25. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

I'm really sorry to read that you still have this problem, I hoped you had solved.
    I can't really understand why.
    Have you tryed to swith between dx9 and dx11?
    Or maybe it could be a problem of video card and/or drivers.
    What video card do you have?

26. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

I'm sorry you're not happy with your purchase but the most popular shaders packages on the Asset Store do not include source code but only compiled code.
    According to the rules of the Asset Store, the publication of source code is not mandatory for shaders, not even for tools which are often sold as .dll or even external executable .exe.
    Despite this, a guy have tried to clone my shader and he had published it here on the Asset Store, fortunately without great success because I did not include the source. :)

So, no, I will not publish source code of my shaders on Asset Store, maybe for a private deal.

In any case, if you need, I can realize a customized version, at no additional cost, for particular effects that can not be obtained by standard shaders included in the package.
    Provided that it doesn't require too much work.

About the refunding, the asset store does not allow this, but if you want I could try to contact them.
    Send me the invoice number to the email address that you can find in the manual.

Anyway, a version of the shader with transparency is already on the todo list, and I'm already working on it, even though I don't know if I can add it in the release of the GGS2, maybe the next update.

I have serious backlogs. :p

27. Guideborn

Guideborn

Bookmarked. Awaiting U5 support. :]

28. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  29. hopeful

hopeful

Will this new version be compatible with the latest Unity versions? I see someone posted a review 3 days ago that says the kit does not produce any sparkling effect in Unity 5.3.

I see zero reason to buy a shader that has no source code and on top of that can't be used in the latest versions of Unity.

30. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

From Unity 5.3 all the shaders work only with souce code, the compiled shaders don't work anymore.
    If you buy GGS now, it doesn't work yet if you start a new project with Unity 5.3+ but you pay the old price.
    The new upcoming vrsion, that more or less will be out next week, obviously will work with Unity 5.3+ but the price will be 30 buks.
    It's just some sort of promotion, or pre-purchase if you prefer, for those who want to buy it now and have no problem to wait one or two weeks.

Cheers.

hopeful likes this.
  31. hopeful

hopeful

I figured the new update ought to work with 5.3, but felt it would be wise to ask before buying.

Thanks! :)

32. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Just submitted the new v2.0 package for approval.

Meantime watch the new video!

P.S.
    The price still 25$!

hopeful likes this.
  33. hopeful

hopeful

Looks great! :)

34. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    wetcircuit likes this.
  35. ARnCo

ARnCo

awesome asset, it is support for android? and can i use this asset with unity 5.1.3?

36. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Thanks.

Thanks.

The most part of them, although not yet optimized, can already work on mobile.
    Instead few of them, those with the most amount of features, may not work because some mobile limit, for example the max number of textures.
    But keep in mind that each effect have at least 5 different configuration for performance optimization, eg. the glitter effect come with 6 different shaders: Rough, Rough Textured, Bumped Rough, Bumped Rough Textured, Specular and Bumped Specular, so some of them are working.

Anyway I'm still working to the optimized mobile version that will be included in the next update.

Regarding the backward compatibility I'have tested it with v5.0 and the shaders work fine.
    Unfortunately the problem is that a previous version of Unity is not able to recognize files created by a later version, so you can not use the sample materials, prefabs and the sample scenes.
    Besides this you can't download a package with an older version than that established by Asset Store.
    So you still need Unity 5.3.2 or newer just to download the asset.

But I repeat, it's a Unity problem, not of the shaders that work perfectly with an older version of Unity, but you need to recreate your materials from scratch.

37. MikeR_UFG

MikeR_UFG

Do these run in the forward pass or the deferred pass?

38. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Tchnically are forward pass but all the shaders support both paths and multiple lights without difference.

39. MikeR_UFG

MikeR_UFG

I see, thank you for the info.

40. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Don't forget that in the Glam Glitter Shaders package there is also the palette cycling effect!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    zyzyx and Bagnol like this.
  41. hopeful

hopeful

Is there still an update planned for September? Or has that been pushed back?

42. DanTaylor

DanTaylor

So are these mobile compatible or not? Having bought this asset, I can't find any mobile specific info in the package. The readme says that mobile is not ready. what is the deal?

43. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

I have them running on mobile, but can't figure out how to make them work with a UI Canvas image.... anybody done this?

44. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not sure you can. But depending on your goal, you might be able to make planes with the glitter on them and use them as background, behind clear panels.

45. rygaar

rygaar

Does this work with Unity 2017+? Still supported?

46. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Well, actually it still works but needs some adjustment.
    Probably I will publish an update around March, however after the release of Unity 2018.1

ReneBuehling and wetcircuit like this.
  47. rygaar

rygaar

Thanks. I'll watch out for the update.

48. NeoTensai

NeoTensai

Will it be going back up on sale after the update? I'm interested in buying it but I assume I missed out on doing so back in 2016, as it's currently off the store.

49. hopeful

hopeful

It's most likely deprecated right now because of JS being used instead of C#. I imagine as soon as he either strips the scripts out or replaces them with C#, he'll have it back in the store.

(This has been happening to a lot of vendors. There was a deadline that just passed for converting everything to C#.)

50. Spaventacorvi

Spaventacorvi

Right.
    They assured me that It's in the reviewing queue and I think the Unity staff has a lot of work to do these days. :D

hopeful and wetcircuit like this.