Search Unity

Gizmos of Ray Perception Sensor

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by whbhb, Mar 5, 2020.

1. whbhb

whbhb

2. celion_unity

celion_unity

What is the Behavior Type of the Agent's Behavior Parameters? If it's set to "Heuristic Only", the gizmos won't draw in version 0.14.1 (this will be fixed in the next release).

3. whbhb

whbhb

I used "Heuristic Only" but when I changed Behavior Type to "default", there was still no gizmos. I am using version 0.13.
    Do I need to write some code like Debug.Draw to make it appear?

4. celion_unity

celion_unity

You'll still need to be in Play mode to see the gizmos.

5. whbhb

whbhb

I might find the problem. OnDrawGizmos() of RayPerceptionSensorComponentBase.cs file does not work in my case.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (m_RaySensor?.debugDisplayInfo?.rayInfos == null)
    2. {
    3.      return;
    4. }
    My code directly returns and doesn't run the drawing part below. If I remove or comment these lines, gizmos can show in play mode.
    Any idea of what causing this premature return? Thanks.

6. celion_unity

celion_unity

Which version of the code are you looking at? In the 0.14.1 release, that line is used to guard against null references - if the method was returning on that line, then either debugDisplayInfo or rayInfos was null, so this part of the code

https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...RayPerceptionSensorComponentBase.cs#L109-L115

would definitely crash.

Anyway, if you're happy with your workaround for now, that's fine; this will all be improved in the next release.

7. whbhb

whbhb

I am using 0.14.0. I am new to unity. Is there any way to set references so that they are not null?