Search Unity

1. Click here to receive a gift with your purchase of Unity Pro or Unity Enterprise.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Gizmo for Empty GameObject

Discussion in 'World Building' started by BodaMat, Mar 12, 2020.

1. BodaMat

BodaMat

Good evening! I am very glad that you are developing an editor and it gets better and better every time. Because of that, I started to like it more, thank you. But there is one innovation in Unity 2019.3.x that is not appropriate. When you select Empty Game Object, Gizmo is placed in the center of the objects, not the place that is in the Transform component. This is a big blow to me, because that's what I'm focusing on. In the old version (until Unity 2019.3.x) it was the default. Please return this feature or tell me how to enable it, because I did not find anything in the settings and the Gizmos menu. I will be very grateful!

Example in the picture. The yellow dot is the Transform position Empty Game Object, and Gizmo shows the center of mass of the objects that are children of the Empty Game Object. Gizmo is in a place where there is a yellow dot is better for me.

upload_2020-3-12_22-29-21.png

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

In the top left of your screen, click the button that says "Center" to toggle it to "Pivot."

BodaMat likes this.
  3. BodaMat

BodaMat

Thank you very much! I did not know how this button works.

unityunity