Search Unity

Git via SSH

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by ZimM, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ZimM

ZimM

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi ZimM,

I'm on the Unity Cloud Build team - thanks for trying out the service! We try to intelligently handle the syntax you are using, but there might be an issue / bug with using the ssh:// protocol prefix. Can you try this URL format and let me know if it works?

vcs-user@dev.somesite.com:fooproject/fooproject.git

Let us know how it goes!

3. ZimM

ZimM

Unfortunately, that doesn't works too.
    But after examining this closer, the issue seems to be not in the format, but in the fact that Unity Cloud Build is lowercasing all the URLs for some reason. The repo URL actually looks like this
    ssh://vcs-user@dev.somesite.com/FOOPROJECT/fooproject.git
    and I can access the repository from my git client that way. But Unity Cloud Build transforms the URL into
    ssh://vcs-user@dev.somesite.com/fooproject/fooproject.git
    and that obviously doesn't works even in the git client, as the URL is case-sensitive.

4. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Ok, thanks for looking into that. This forcing-uppercase-to-lowercase bug is an issue we are aware of and it's one of the first things we are going to fix. I'll reply here in the forums when that change has been made on the service.

Thanks for your patience, and for trying out Unity Cloud Build beta!

5. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@ZimM - we just deployed an update which should fix the uppercase-URL issue, if you have time please try again and let us know if you are still having connection issues. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

6. ZimM

ZimM

Works like a charm now, thanks!

hypeNate likes this.