Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Git package version list missing

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Johannski, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Johannski

Johannski

I have made a few Unity Packages so far and I'm pretty happy with the workflow. Sadly, the list of different versions of the git packges won't show up for my repos and other repos I tested:

upload_2020-1-30_9-34-4.png
    Example LeanTween (https://github.com/JohannesDeml/LeanTween)

I think I remember that seeing other versions of a repo worked at some point.
    Is this planned again in the future, or did I miss something in the package configuration?

Cheers
    Johannes

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Hi @Johannski,

The Package Manager UI just shows the Git package in your projects. It does not have an embedded Git client to fetch information about the linked Git repository.

Thank you for your contribution to the Unity ecosystem. Looks like a very nice package :)

Regards,

Pascal

Johannski likes this.
  3. Johannski

Johannski

Hi Pascal,

thanks a lot for your answer. Okay, got it. So nothing wrong with my packages, but the Package Manager does not support showing different versions for git repos.
    I think I saw a version list fro my repos, because I included UPM-GitExtensions, but the version back then made the package manger window very slow, so it was not a good tradeoff. Thanks for clearing up that stuff for me :)