Search Unity

Git clone size

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Furyhunter, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Furyhunter

Furyhunter

Cloning from git and checking out from SVN/Perforce are two different concepts, and a git clone normally clones the entire repo with history intact, which causes problems with repos with lots of asset history. Does Unity Cloud Build pull a shallow clone of the repo for building when using a git repo, or does it clone the full repo?

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Unity Cloud Build fetches a new snapshot every build. In the Enterprise plan we can also cache the source on demand and fetch the delta.

3. Furyhunter

Furyhunter

This doesn't really answer my question though. SVN and Perforce checkouts don't include the full history. Git does, which is why it's called cloning rather than checking out. Does the full history count against the repo size limit when using Git or only the size of the state of the working directory (or shallow clone)?

4. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@Furyhunter - the full Git history does not count against the repo size. Let us know how it goes!

5. Furyhunter

Furyhunter

It appears that Unity Cloud Build doesn't support building desktop players or HTML5 yet, so it's not tremendously useful for my purposes, but I will definitely give it a shot once either of those are available. Thanks!

David-Berger likes this.