Search Unity

GIF's no longer show for me?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by MD_Reptile, Sep 27, 2016.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Has the forum disabled GIF images from displaying on the posts? I used to have them in many posts, to illustrate a short video clip of stuff, but now all I get is this image:

Whats up with that? Is that just me?

2. martinvium

martinvium

With the switch to https for the forum, we also enabled an image proxying solution. This has a maximum size on embedded images (currently 1MB), which is generally useful to have on embedded content, but we will probably have to raise it a bit. The example you have above is 1.7MB.

3. martinvium

martinvium

To follow up, i have bumped the max size to 4MB for now, which should catch most cases. It might take a while to update. I could purge the cache, but that might have some side effects (extreme load while everything is re-cached), so it's not something i want to do, during peak hours, if it can be avoided.

Thanks for raising the issue!

MD_Reptile likes this.
  4. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Thanks for the quick response and swift action!

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah.... any chance this would be increased more? I don't know the size of all of mine ,but most of my character forum pages have animated gifs to showcase animations etc, and it looks like they're all "broken" now.

If it's a hard limit that won't be changed, could there be an option to show the first frame, and a "click to load" type of functionality? I'm thinking "Vine" like function.

6. SeanB793

SeanB793

Was redirected here by @Andy-Korth! Thanks, Andy.

I've been facing the same issue with Imgur based images on this thread; I compressed the apparent problem images to below 1MB but they still don't seem to be rendering.

Any reason as to why this happening @martinvium ?

Thanks. :)

7. martinvium

martinvium