Search Unity

Gierra: Land of Free hearts (Animal RPG)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Gwolf-Studios, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Gwolf-Studios

Gwolf-Studios

~The following is a complete copy-paste of a topic I posted somewhere else a while ago~

A few months back, Gierra was only an idea; but now that I have what I need,production has started.

$gierra_screenshot__2__sunrise_camp__by_hoafan-d5j3vy0.png

$gierra_screenshot__1__sunrise_camp__by_hoafan-d5j3vrk.png

$gierra_screenshot__3__dark_forest__by_hoafan-d5j3w6u.png

The Plot
    The main plot of the game is to design your character and begin on your epic adventure to defeat the darkness and stop it from turning Gierra into a wasteland.

Core Gameplay
    The core gameplay is similar to Oregon Trail. In this game you have to hunt,fight, and rest to find your way to the -No spoilers for your LOL- while finding safe places to sleep and avoiding hunters,trap, and predators along the way, or you might just not make it to the end of the game. This game might be best played with headphones because your hearing will be highly important for staying alive because you will need to be alert and hear whatever might be coming your way.

What you can do to help
    This game will be 100% free, but like all professional games (although we have no professional equipment other than Unity3D) I need help in order to get this game done because I don't know how to do everything like animating,scripting and artwork, as well as the cutscenes that will play throughout the game.

Wolf model: A wolf model is needed for the game. I have one but it's...bad xD

Music: Music won't be needed becase all music will be by Kevin Mcleod (incompitech.com) although,if you really want to have your music in this game, feel free to PM me a sample. All the music,as well as the artwork seen in the game, will have *sort of "Japanese fell" to it.

Artwork: Despite me being able to "sort of" draw wolves and other animals. I will need people to create the artwork seen throughout the game. Once again,it will have a "Japanese" feel to it.

GUI: Some UnityGUI is needed to fit in the feel of the game. I don't know any exact links to learn how to make GUI skins for Unity but i'm sure you can find something :)

Models:(The model MUST have and open mouth and can't be really low poly,but it can't be super high poly either (medium poly...?) No animations and armatures are needed but if you want to make it yourself that's fine. A screenshot is needed. You can offer any types of animal models but as I might have already stated before. I'm not going to be able to pay for anything.

Voice actors: I'm still working on how to properly animate cutscenes but you can still try out for a spot as a voice actor. Idk how your going to send me your sound clip but I recommend that you try doing 1-2 (or more) different versions of a voice then send it in...somehow. (Please make sure that your comfortable with the voices your doing, I don't want you to strain your voice :) ) A list of characters will be added to the website's forum soon so check there.

HERE IT IS!...Not the game..a dumb demo. All you can do in it is walk around the newly made camp. and if your wondering why the main character is a builder man,it's because the actual character isn't done/hasn't been found yet ._.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nayz3cannqx7r52

The actual game will look NOTHING like this. It will have a better interface and super epicle stuffz.

Concepts
    View My Video
    Boss Battle during some point, the music's not mine but the picture is. I think the music's from final fantasy or something.
    $donor_ref_by_hoafan-d5y6cgj.png
    $dusk_reference_v_2_by_hoafan-d5vijvd.png

Links
    The website: http://gierra.webs.com/

The Forum: http://gierrarpg.proboards.com/

2. Gwolf-Studios

Gwolf-Studios

Bump I guess, there's only me actually doing work on this project so help is wanted :)

3. Scrach

Scrach

I could help? i know C# :)

4. karlprods

karlprods

trees look weird lol

5. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Hm, interesting concept. I support :) Very cool dog picture!

6. Gwolf-Studios

Gwolf-Studios

@Scrach: I'd love your help since I don't have a scripter

@karlprods: I know lol I have better trees now

@SubZeroGaming: Thanks :)

7. HerzAusEis

HerzAusEis

Hello! :D

Are you still looking for voice actors? Because I can do female characters. :)

If you're interested, e-mail me and I'll send you a demo of what I can do. :)

Thanks!

~J.C. Iceheart~

P.S. My e-mail is herzauseis1@gmail.com