Search Unity

GI stuck on Bake Indirect

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by theSoenke, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Issue is still here in 5.4.0f2. I remember when you could bake a lightmap and not have any issues.

I love Unity to death and I love the fact that the Unity devs are so responsive, but my god, with all respect when will this be fixed? I can't stand lightmapping being stuck for no reason.

The only way for me to fix it was a workaround, lowering the "Scale In Lightmap" size extremely low, which resulted in very poor looking lightmaps. I hope this gets fixed eventually.

2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

Hi, we fixed an issue in this area recently and it should be available in 5.4.1 patch 1 (eta. 14th of September 2016). If the problem persists, please file a bug report and post the case number here.

GM_Acid likes this.
  3. stylophone

stylophone

This issue reproduced in Unity 5.6 with Lighting mode set to "Shadowmask" in my project.

mephistonight likes this.
  4. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

I am sorry to hear that. What is the case number?

5. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

6. vonpixel

vonpixel

5.6.3f1 - seems to be suddenly happening to me right now. Forever stuck on the last few jobs for the baking indirect phase. Truly annoying as I had finally managed to wrangle enlighten to give off great results and now its just stuck.Trying again with the lighting mode set to baked indirect...