Search Unity

Ghost Recording and Playback Script

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by SamohtVII, Feb 22, 2019.

1. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

Hi All,

Ghost Recording and Playback Script

I just wanted to showcase my new ghost replay and playback script. The script can be attached to any gameObject and then just requires a call of the start, stop and play function to begin the ghost. It's super easy to set-up and very customisable. It saves the position, and rotation and can be serialised into a file which can be loaded upon request to be played back at a later date. Works perfectly for saving high scores.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/ghost-recording-and-replay-script-138922

Here is a video of it in action in my upcoming mobile racing game.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. salim_khan

salim_khan

Hi,There...
    Can You please snd me mobile apk for testing .....

3. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

Hi,

The asset doesn't have any controls for mobile unfortunately. Here is a demo video of all of the features. It can record and playback a ghost as well as store a ghost that can be overwritten in the editor but then retrieved and loaded back in.

In terms of performance it works perfectly on mobile and low end devices.

Thanks

4. salim_khan

salim_khan

hi thanks for the effort ,but i wana test it on mobile can u please apply control freak 2 on it its easy to go ... i want to check it properlyon mobile
    before i purchase it

5. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

Hey,

Feel free to try it out and if you don't like it I am happy to give you a refund.

Thanks,

6. thomas922sun

thomas922sun

Hi SamohtVII, Thank you for making this helpful tool! I'm also thinking to purchase this tool now and just want to ask about several questions.
    So I've made a VR scene and want to record the first person controller as replaying "ghost". And what I was expecting is not only to replay the location and activities of the player but also trigger the event at the same time. Like if this turn I touched this button and something happened. In the replay, I hope it could also trigger the event at that time. Do you know if this tool can also do that?
    And also want to ask does this tool only records the last play or can I have the last 5 "ghost play" all repeated in the same turn?
    Might be a lot question but would be a great help if you can provide an answer. Thank you very much!
    Best wishes!

7. khos

khos

Hi, does this work on animation for skinned mesh renderer? E.g. will the ghost show the walk animation?

8. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Ok this caught my eye because timeline sucks for playing any animations that require a little finesse, like blend trees and stuff. So what I've been looking for is essentially a joystick recorder that can record a character. Then I place that recording file on a character and let him do his act while I record another one that may interact with him, etc. Best way to make cut scenes look like real game play IMO because any scripts and logic you code in to the character, such as physics etc, are running. As it is, I cant imagine making movie/cut scenes with straight-up timeline. Is this what you're doing? Or is it something you need to write :) As an artist and terrible coder I'm wondering...

9. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

Hi,

I have not tested this will skinned mesh renderer so I can't say for sure. Feel free to try and if all else fails I will be happy to give you a refund. If you need any help just email and we can try and get it working.

10. SamohtVII

SamohtVII

This can record position and rotation of many objects (with additional work). So it could be made to store various body part positions and rotations which could be played back like you mention. Again I'll be happy to work with you to try and offer a refund should we not be able to get it working.

11. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

Ah. Its an object translation recorder. I'd need a joystick/keyboard input recorder instead, I'm afraid.

12. lord_sf_funki

lord_sf_funki

I need start in the start lap but the button is bad for Me i need coliders, it possible usé buttons + coliders?