Search Unity

Getting version statistic

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by jpv1234, Sep 12, 2015.

1. jpv1234

jpv1234

Hello, I'm using Unity Analytics, however I can't find a way to see what are the version of the game that my users are using, and which is their device and software version. Please tell me that this is somewhere, I would be extremely disappointed if Unity analytics is not tracking this number

Thanks in advance

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @jpv1234,

This is something we are currently working on and hope to have completed sometime soon. I cannot give you a concrete date of when it will become available, but it will be announced once it is. Until then you could send a custom event that passes the version number of your game and you should be able to get device information by sending SystemInfo in custom events, http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SystemInfo.html

Let me know if you have any other questions!

3. jpv1234

jpv1234

Thank you very much spinal. Yes, that was exactly the workaround I finally found and is my actual implementation. I'll be waiting for the feature to be ready

Best regards

mpinol likes this.
  4. username132323232

username132323232

Has this been implemented? It would be nice to filter on game version in the Data Explorer.

5. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

It has, actually, via segmentation. :)

Go to the Segments menu item, create a new segment, and in the pulldown find "Application version is". This will create a segment based on the specified App version. Note that, as with all our segmentation, this only works forward from the time you create the segment (it won't backfill historical data).

Hope that helps!

6. username132323232

username132323232

Sounds easy enough :) Thanks Marc!