Search Unity

Getting Touch Keyboard last pressed key value on mobile devices

Discussion in '2D' started by SartGames, Oct 17, 2021.

1. SartGames

SartGames

Ive been looking alot and just couldn't find a solution...

I need to get the last pressed key value without having to press done every time.

For example to detect when the player touched the "z" key and excute a function based of the detection. I know I can do that easily in pc but it seems not to work with mobile keyboards.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I think most mobile keyboard setups won't work this way. They're designed to enter an entire line of text before disappearing.

I don't know what the Apple/Google limitations are right now but perhaps you can throw up your own keyboard grid, then do what you like with it.

BUT READ THE APPLE/GOOGLE TERMS OF SERVICE FIRST... they used to require that you use ONLY their keyboards.

3. SartGames

SartGames

Oh well, Thanks anyway...
    Guess I'll make my own keyboard...
    It's just for a typing game not to enter sensitive info so I don't think Google/Apple would care much

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Long ago I learned never to assume this. They care about the weirdest things, sometimes in the most random manner. I've seen them make a stink about a feature that is three or four years old, as in had been in happy usage all that time, then suddenly "NO!"