Search Unity

Getting stuck @ the start...

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by infinitypbr, Feb 6, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Likely I'm expecting something to happen when it shouldn't, but this is where I am at this point, and I'm using UnityScript if that changes anything.

From what I read in the docs, it seems that the recording is automatic by default, so I've set
    Code (csharp):
    1. Everyplay.SetMaxRecordingMinutesLength(3);
    at the start of each level, figuring it'll be ok if it's already set.

On the player death, I have the following code, which I want to trigger all the everyplay stuff:
    Code (csharp):
    2. if (Everyplay.IsSupported())
    3.  {
    4.      print ("Everyplay is Supported");
    5.      Everyplay.StopRecording();
    6.      Everyplay.ShowSharingModal();
    7.  }
    I'm expecting the pre-made Sharing Modal to appear, but it's not happening. Eventually I'll replace my "you died!" message to include a thumbnail, a play button and the "share" button and all that, but at this point I just want to make sure I'm doing the recording right, and try to implement the custom parameters for the title etc.

Am I missing a key step of this process?

Thanks so much!

2. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

Hi @sfbaystudios,

Thanks for reaching out!

"From what I read in the docs, it seems that the recording is automatic by default"
    Do you mean, you are not calling Everyplay.StartRecording(); anywhere, and you understood that the recording is ON, by default? If yes, then the answer is no.

Or, did I misunderstood you?

Regards
    Surath

3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Ah, no you understood correct. I'll add a StartRecording when the game launches then.

If I do that, should the rest of the code work as is?

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That did the trick! THANKS! :D

5. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks @surathunity3d -- I'm avoiding android for now, since there's so many other issues with nearly every aspect of the game, I just don't have the time to figure those out. Instead I'll do an iOS launch and an android launch later.

Today, however, is the day I'm doing the custom integration, to make the panel look more like the game and less annoying. As it is now I'd likely have to include an option to turn off the panel at death, but I don't want to give that option, so I'll be building my "you died" message into the look of the panel, so people feel it's just part of the game, and don't get annoyed that they see it over and over.

Sweet stuff -- I've very much enjoyed how simple it was to make work!

7. surathunity3d

surathunity3d

"I'm avoiding android for now" - That's a fine plan! :D