Search Unity

Third Party Getting Socket exception in unity webGL

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by anvar1234u, Sep 17, 2019.

1. anvar1234u

anvar1234u

I'm developing a multiplayer game using AWS game lift. game lift is working fine for android and iOS but when i'm running the game in webgl, getting socket exception:

SocketException: Success
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..ctor (System.Net.Sockets.AddressFamily addressFamily, System.Net.Sockets.SocketType socketType, System.Net.Sockets.ProtocolType protocolType) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

can anyone help?

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Does Gamelift support WebGL? From a quick search of their documentation they say it uses UDP and TCP, but WebGL can only use Websockets. The only mention of Websockets in docs I saw was just for encrypted data. This isn't a Unity limitation, but a platform limitation (imposed by the browser).

WebGL isn't on there list of supported platforms, and isn't anywhere in their documentation that a quick search could find, so I would assume they do not support WebGL. But that's just my guess.

3. dustinkerstein

dustinkerstein

Hey! Just wanted to check in on this. Did you happen to past this socket error in WebGL?

4. z0code0z

z0code0z

Currently experiencing this even though gamelift states they utilize dtls which should work over webgl

5. dhathora

dhathora

Getting the same err on FishNet with Bayou transport (that's supposed to work with WS), if that helps

swapnil-mishraj likes this.
  6. wanlwanl

wanlwanl

Check out Azure Web PubSub Transport, which is based on websocket. quick start video: