Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of Text on recording

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mosquetofarmer, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Mosquetofarmer

Mosquetofarmer

upload_2020-12-16_14-43-51.jpeg
    I am pretty new to this. I am working on using cinemachine I have downloaded Flooded lands environment. I have encountered some text that I really don't want on my screen. My objective is cinema not gaming. but I can not figure out where this text indicated is coming from. I am using cinema machine camera and dolly. How do I get rid of this text on my output...and more importantly is there a mechanism to put animated or scrolling text in my artwork? thanks a bunch... be kind I am really new...LOL

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

In scene view when the game in playing, try to find the object. When they game isn't playing, you see if you can just disable the object so it doesn't appear. If you're having trouble finding it, worst case it probably is outputing to the UI layer. So on the camera you just tell it not to display that layer.

As far as animated or scrolling text, I'd do that with code controlling the position of the text. But you need to learn the UI system first before any of that makes any sense. TextMeshPro would be recommended by most people for that purpose, but it is difficult to use without first learning the UI system as well.

3. Mosquetofarmer

Mosquetofarmer

Thank you I am pretty sure it was in the UI editor...because there was associated with it. I didn't see it until I ran the scene. It was part of a downloaded scene..(flooded lands.) which was pretty impressive from my perspective. but it also demonstrated my need to upgrade my equipment. My purpose with Unity has little to do with gaming. but more to do with the features of Cinema Machine. So having character controls on the screen is not helpful for me. But it is a learning experience. thanks for the tips as I explore...this universe.