Search Unity

getting rid of MARS and just using ARFoundation.

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by glfloat, Sep 28, 2021.

1. glfloat

glfloat

Hi All, we had a custom viewer based on one of the first versions of reflect. This viewer was tracking marker images using ARFoundation which worked great. We are upgrading the project to the latest reflect but there are a ton of changes on the AR side, primarily the reliance on Mars. Mars requires an additional licence when we really didn't expect to have to pay for just to get some simple AR stuff to happen (and we have no problems coding our own solution) . So my question is, are there steps to remove all of the MARS dependency from the latest viewer so we can just do a super simple plain vanilla ARFoundation tracked image setup? (we don't need any of the other AR tools) I tried a number of things including just having my own Gameobject with my own ARFoundation tracking setup, and just switching from the MARS camera to that, but there are a lot of errors and it seems MARS is doing some initialization that is conflicting with my ARFoundation setup .

Any assistance would be appreciate.
    Thanks,
    Anupam Das | HGA Architects

2. glfloat

glfloat

I suppose an alternative question would be. Are there samples or smaller simpler prefab setups that are not as fully featured as the viewer to do stuff like basic object loading , BIM filtering, without any built in AR/VR functionality so we can build our own solution without having to delete large parts of the reflect viewer app. There seems to have been some samples floating around during earlier Reflect releases but these appear to not exist on GitHub or the package manager anymore. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Anupam Das | HGA Architects