Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Getting Price Tiers at runtime

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Gamrek, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello,

Can I ask if there is any way to get all the price tiers (localised) at runtime for iOS and Android? (even I don't have a product setup at that price tier) It is for display purpose, not actually purchasing. thanks in advance.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Not at this time, and I don't believe we have any immediate plans to support this. What is your use case? Why would your players need this information?

3. Gamrek

Gamrek

I am hoping I can show player some discounted information on IAP, for example this IAP item was an originally at tier 2 price, but now it is at tier 1 price. I want to show the original price and discounted price, but I don't have any product that has a tier 2 price tag, so I cannot get any information on that. Does it that mean I need to make a "fake" tier 2 product, just to get the price information for tier 2 price?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it! I will assume you need localization for different countries? Otherwise you could hard-code the prices in your game. Granted not ideal, but would work. However, you do not want to change product prices after you create them. This is so a user can install the game on their other devices, and restore the purchases. The stores do offer introductory pricing. Also, I understand this may just be an example. I will do some more checking here and will follow up.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@Gamrek This does not look like something that the Google Billing library supports. Only subscription introductory pricing per SKU.