Search Unity

Getting "Not supported by this type of Mac" error.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by obouchard2, Jun 9, 2018.

1. obouchard2

obouchard2

Hi, I'm currently learning Unity and have made a small test project that works fine on my PC.

When I try to play the game on my Mac though, I immediatly get a "Not supported by this type of Mac" error. I've made the Mac Build using Unity 2017.3.1f1 on my PC and transferred it to my Mac using OneDrive. The first red flag I have is that it downloads as a .zip ("Test Build.app" becomes "Test Build.app.zip"), I have to manually remove the .zip to execute the app, otherwise it'll just unzip automatically all its content.

I've looked online for solutions and most answers I've seen talk about app restrictions, but I've fiddled with those in my settings with no success.

My Mac is a pretty feeble Macbook air from 2016, so I didn't expect the game the work great or anything, but I wished I could've tried it on a Mac before sending it too friend, just to check if it worked properly.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Would my solution be to install Unity on my Mac and build the same assets from there?

I'm sorry if this is a very obvious question, I'm new to all of this and am already surprised I managed to do something that work perfectly fine on most PCs.

Thank you!