Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Getting namespace name 'Multiplay' does not exits error during android build

Discussion in 'Game Server Hosting' started by ZeusK10, Mar 17, 2023.

1. ZeusK10

ZeusK10

Multiplayer.png
    To achieve functionality as shown in image, I was able to use matchmaker to allocate and join player to a running session or a new server session but I found the matchmaking process to be unreliable (maybe i did it wrong). When I matchmake in Game1, matchmaker sometimes creates a new server even though there is enough available slots in running session (I have backfill enabled) and sometimes it joins a session for game2 even when i clearly selected game1 (i think it has something to do with relaxations but i get error when i remove it so idk what else to do). So how do I properly implement matchmaker to get the result as shown in the image?

I also want to know if it is possible to join players to the server when they start the game and create/join the lobby for each game session to achieve this functionality?

My game also builds fine when i build in windows but when i try to build with android, i get this error: error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Multiplay' does not exist in the namespace 'Unity.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?).
    I have tried re-installing multiplay package and also tried regenerating project files with git packages enabled in external tools.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    Ariba2000 likes this.
  2. Ariba2000

Ariba2000

the solution on this link might be helpful.
    it's the same problem.