Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting moved to Unity’s space (B25)

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Shushustorm, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

Hello!

Since B24, I get unnecessarily moved to Unity’s OSX space several times when importing, switching platform or building.

I am using Mac OSX 11.5.

Greetings,
    Shu

EDIT:
    Case number: 810935

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    MrEsquire likes this.
  2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

The bug and the description here in the thread is really light on information?

Could you please clarify?

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I think he means that Unity steals focus way too many times when Unity is importing stuff.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Oh, I've had that a times on windows. I'll be typing in skype and Unity pops up like this deviant troll saying "OHAI!" and I tell it to piss off but it pops up again with a gentle smile... knowing... revelling in the fact I have to endure it.

(It's harmless but trollish).

5. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

@Alex-Lian
    I don’t really know what information I could add that could be relevant.
    Or do you mean the issue itself isn’t comprehensible?
    If so, AcidArrow is right:
    Unity steals focus. When I import something in Unity or switch platform, it may take some time.
    Let’s say, it takes 15 minutes.
    Then, I will leave the OSX space / "desktop" that includes Unity.
    I will continue working in other programs that I use in spaces other than the one Unity is located in.

It’s normal that Unity drags me from the current space that I am viewing (let’s say Photoshop) to Unity’s space after finishing import or after building.
    But since B24, Unity drags me to Unity’s space about once every minute, even if it hasn’t finished its task, which is a pain when you actually try to work during that time.
    And I do work during that time. It’s especially crucial when switching platform several times for getting some builds done on a full project, because Unity takes very long for doing that and I need to be able to continue working while Unity does its tasks in the background.

Still happens in B25.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah the behavior I'm used to in most versions is a little annoying but acceptable. If it has regressed in recent betas though, as @Shushustorm reports, I think it should be looked at.