Search Unity

getting flagged for fraud?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by st46588, Oct 20, 2020.

1. st46588

st46588

Hi!

First of all i want to apologize for my bad english. It is not my native language.

I developed mobile game which i want public on google play (actualy already waiting for approval). I implemented unity ads and it worked fine. I tested showing ads on my personal mobile and it worked fine too. First day 7 watched ads was indeed monetize (eCPM graph in dashboard) but i try it more times next day (as part of testing) and i noticed, that next day none of my try was counted, even though the Impressions was counted.

Later when i trying to found out what could be my problem i find that to much attempts to trying show ads before public game could cause getting flagged for fraud. So my question is how can i know i was flagged and how it works? Is somewhere this information (the fact that I was flagged) shown? Could it be my problem and how can i fix this?

Thanks for help and explanation.

2. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Hi, when your account is blocked you will be locked out of accessing your Unity Dashboard, if you are still able to access your dashboard your account isn't blocked. I would VERY highly advise you not to look at your own ads as much as possible.

For testing purposes you should add your devices as test devices on your account. This will prevent your account from being incorrectly flagged as fraudulent. You can find instructions on how to do that here - https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/218324523-How-do-I-enable-a-device-for-testing-

st46588 likes this.
  3. st46588

st46588

Thank you for answering me!

4. DawidGreen

DawidGreen

Watching your ads is not a good idea. I had the same issue when I developed my app and was suspended by Unity for fraud. Of course, Unity didn't block me for good, but I spent some time proving that it was an accident and I'm not involved in any fraudulent schemes. Yeah, I know that some people use this scheme to increase their app's popularity, so Unity does an excellent job. At Unity, they've probably installed the specific software by Сovery - a company that offers pretty good anti-fraud software. So, be careful with self-promotion and frequently talk with the support team.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021