Search Unity

Getting data from smart watch in real time

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by BigBadPanda, Feb 28, 2016.

1. BigBadPanda

BigBadPanda

Hi everyone,
    as a part of my graduation project I am working on a virtual reality application for mobile devices. I am going to use smart watch as one of the controllers, so I need to get accelerometer and gyroscope data from smart watch to the phone in real time. I am using Samsung Gear so it has to be made for Tizen. Anyone here ever experimented with it? Can you point me how to start, what to look for? Wasn't able to find anything on web about this.

Thank you.

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

3. BigBadPanda

BigBadPanda

Main application will run on phone, I only need sensor data in realtime from smart watch.

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately there isn't any official support in unity for reading data from the smart watch. It may be possible, perhaps via web requests. I'm not sure, just thinking out loud.

5. BigBadPanda

BigBadPanda

Still thanks, so gotta do more research.

6. ONOROFF

ONOROFF

Hey, we are looking to do the same thing but with BPM. Found this: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/8497

Have contacted developer to ask about smart watch compatibility. I would imagine that if this plugin can read BPM then it should be able to read other sensors too.

@BigBagPanda have you have anymore luck with your research?

7. BigBadPanda

BigBadPanda

Working on my own plugin right now. Got some android related issues, not able to start working on tizen part. If I can come up with a solution will update the thread.

8. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Before you start with this you should looking into the Samsung companion applications part of the SDK, it's possible, and fairly easy depending on your skill level, the controller part I would not recommend using Unity, as you only need to capture input and out UI, If you need 3D graphics on the watch thats a different matter...and get ready to dig out your C++ skills!