Search Unity

Getting Crash switching platforms

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dylan.ryan, Apr 16, 2013.

1. dylan.ryan

dylan.ryan

After the update to Unity 4.1, the application will often crash when I switch platforms. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? It happens on both PC and Mac for me. I have the latest version 4.1.2f1.

Thank you,
    Dylan

2. kenlem

kenlem

I have the latest as well and I'm having the same issue. I tried swapping platforms about 10 times and finally got it to work without crashing. Now lightmapping is messed up. It generates more bitmaps than it should and doesn't pack them very well. Right now, Unity is hung doing a build to device.

4.1.2f1 doesn't seem stable enough to do any work. Might have to drop back to 3.5.

3. renderhjs

renderhjs

Same here, I needed to fix an existing Unity game but it keeps crashing if I switch platforms (multi platform game).

$8703755378_c135104216_b.jpg

4. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

I also had major problems with switching platforms. Unity crashed all the time. But i found a tip in another thread : Make a new empty scene before you switch and it works. I have now switched platforms a few times without a single crash. :) It's obviously a serious bug in unity, but maybe they will fix it one day....

glenneroo and Ninquiet like this.
  5. Streamfall

Streamfall

That fixed the problem for me.
    Any ideas as to why this may be happening?
    I have : NGUI, Photon Cloud, Purdyjo, the asset store tools in my project.

Perhaps we can cross reference to find a cause.

On a side note, sometimes ctrl-z does not work. This is the case in all of my 4.x projects.

6. JGriffith

JGriffith

I had not had this problem until I decided to checkout and import a fresh copy of the project off the SVN on my mac. When trying to switch to iOS it would insta-crash. The new empty scene worked for me first time so thanks for that!

On my own side note, why does Unity always ask me to save an open scene, even when I know there have been 0 changes to it? And could this be related to this issue? eg, open the project, unity thinks it need to be saved for some reason, hit switch platform, crash.

Unity 4.1.5 pro, MANY packages, including ngui, 2dtk, autopilot, etc.

PPS> Does anyone happen to know how to make unity import for a specific platform by default? Its a pain in the ass when I open a project on my mac for iOS building and testing and have to wait for it to import twice, once for standalone when it opens, then for iOS when i switch.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  7. glenneroo

glenneroo

Sorry to necro this very old thread but I'm having this exact same issue and the solution to create a new scene helped!

8. TheOnlyRudey

TheOnlyRudey

Which version of Unity do you use? I have a problem with 2020.2.1f1 on macOS switching to iOS.

9. glenneroo

glenneroo

I'm using 2019.4.18f1 and Windows 10, switching between Android and Windows x64.

10. JasmijnW

JasmijnW

I'm using Unity 2019.4.13f1 and Windows 10, switching from Windowsx64 to Android with a blank scene does not fix the issue for me. Unity crashes as soon as I click Android in the Build Settings window. Any help or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

11. sj631

sj631

I'm using 2019.4.21f1 switching to Android it is crashing every time.

V2SGames likes this.