Search Unity

Getting compile errors when trying to use Learn tutorials

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Thereminc, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Thereminc

Thereminc

Hi, I've just installed Unity, have read some of the manual, and thought I'd try some of the Learn tutorials. After I download one and then click start, the Unity editor launches but I'm getting a whole lot of compile errors in the console, which I have no idea how to fix. There are 52 errors, so I've just copied the first few below. Any ideas what is going on? I'm using Windows 10, 64 bit.
    thanks

C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.15/Editor/Collab/CollabHistoryWindow.cs(20,56): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Collaboration.ICollabHistoryWindow' is inaccessible due to its protection level

C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.15/Editor/Collab/CollabToolbarButton.cs(11,42): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SubToolbar' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.15/Editor/Collab/CollabToolbarWindow.cs(26,42): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Web.WebViewEditorStaticWindow' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Ellatrue and UnLapinDeBois like this.
  2. Thereminc

Thereminc

Further to the above, I can't seem to import any asset packages either, not even the Standard Assets. In the asset store it says they are installed, but I can't add them from the hub or import them in a project. Has something gone wrong during the install maybe?

3. Cinosarge

Cinosarge

Same problem here on Unity 2018.2.18f Personal (64bit) running of Windows 8.1 Pro.
    Have you found any solution?

Update 1
    My console output for anyone interested.
    I analized the output from console and produced some tables.

Update 2
    By installing Unity 2018.3.0f2 Personal (64-bit) the tutorials ran.

Update 3
    Basic Tutorial Number 4 shows some buggy behaviour on step 13.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  4. LeandroExHuMeD

LeandroExHuMeD

5. Cinosarge

Cinosarge

Thanks!