Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Getting Blank (Not Black) Screen on Android

Discussion in 'AR' started by Cornysam, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cornysam

Cornysam

Hello,

I am making an AR app for Android mobile and am having issues. I build the app and when i run it on my phone (Samsung S9) i get a blank Unity scene view. Whenever i google this I am ALWAYS thrown towards the Black Screen issue. I have never gotten a black screen even though i tried to fix my issue as if it was caused by the same things. At this point, I'd almost rather have the black screen than just a blank one. I followed this tutorial:

Which i thought was great, until i built and ran it. I read the comments and noticed some of their issues and tried to apply those solutions to my issue since the black screen seemed very similar to the blank one. Nothing worked.

Screenshot of my phone screen is attached.

I have tried trying to access the camera and prompt it to make the user (me right now) to accept camera permissions but that doesnt even pop up. I have tried toggling some of the Player Settings one at a time and still nothing. There are other things i tried but i cannot even remember most of them by now. I looked at the ARCore supported devices and S9 isnt technically listed on there like the S8 is but I also tried a coworker's phone which is S10 and same thing happened.

As i mentioned above, I cannot seem to look up any resources for fixing my blank screen, I only find the black screen error and I have tried applying the same solutions for that. Happy to share my settings if needed.

Thanks for any and all help!

Attached Files:

2. Cornysam

Cornysam

I am actually a crazy person and solved my week long issue by just noticing i was building the wrong scene. I was making changes and working within the scene i wanted, but in my build settings i was building a completely blank, non-AR scene. Thank you for the wisdom forum, sometimes i just need to type it all out and make myself look like an idiot.

lupirite likes this.
  3. rakshesh1

rakshesh1

Hi, Could you advise, how did you fixed this please, thank you!

4. Cornysam

Cornysam

When you go to the build settings before making a build, make sure you have the right scenes selected before you click build or build and run.

mfitrie789 likes this.