Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question getting an Object Variable

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by MrMajorThorburn, Oct 22, 2022.

1. MrMajorThorburn

MrMajorThorburn

I am continuing my activity in the VS tutorial and at the stage of trying to allow my player to move and am having a problem with getting a variable I need in order to calculate its rotation speed.
    The variable is a graph object int with value of 45.
    I setup the variable and then drag the = icon onto the graph and I get a get Variable node not a Get Variable with a name.
    I have restarted unity editor, unity hub and editor and my w10 system but problem persists.
    I have added screen prints of what I am getting before and after the drag drop and an example of what I am expecting from the tutorial document.
    Anyone any hints for me?

Attached Files:

2. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

you just need to plug in a reference to the object with the script/vars

Capture.PNG

3. MrMajorThorburn

MrMajorThorburn

Thank you for that. It looks like a work round that might help me if I cannot get the root cause of this problem.
    I have another visual script app that I developed as part of the previous section of the tutorial and that one works fine.
    This one is not behaving the same as the last one.
    I will resort to deleting this graph and create a new one from scratch to see if this is a side effect of using a previously developed graph in another app.