Search Unity

Question Getting an error when deploying unity project to hololens2

Discussion in 'AR' started by RyanWHaire, Jul 15, 2022.

1. RyanWHaire

RyanWHaire

Here is the output, Im using the same build settings I used for other project and same setup. All I did was install 2020.3.25 and before I was using 2020.3.35 but I had to change versions to match my team and now its not working. I had the project folder in the root directory of my C drive then I changed it to the root of my user folder so that might be a problem, i am not sure. I am thinking that these paths are having read/write problems but not sure how to fix it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.25f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/MetroSupport\Tools\DevicePortalTool.exe', CommandLine=' app /op:list /ip:"https://192.168.2.110" /appx:"" /stdincred', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= The system cannot find the file specified.

System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at <0463b2ef957545c0a51b42f372cd4fbb>:0)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <0463b2ef957545c0a51b42f372cd4fbb>:0)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start (System.EventHandler exitCallback) (at <7ac35247888b44f4a7e290f1f6bb33f3>:0)
    UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start () (at <7ac35247888b44f4a7e290f1f6bb33f3>:0)
    Utility.RunAndWait (System.String fileName, System.String arguments, System.String& result, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] environmentVariables, System.String standardInput) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/Utility.cs:507)
    ApplicationLauncherImpl.TestDevicePortalConnectionInternal (System.String buildRootPath) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:417)
    ApplicationLauncher.TestDevicePortalConnection () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:58)
    UnityEditor.UWP.BuildPostprocessor.PrepareForBuild (UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:121)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.PrepareForBuild (UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at <7ac35247888b44f4a7e290f1f6bb33f3>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

Code (CSharp):
    1. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Make sure that you have build support installed for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). In Unity Hub, you can click on the gear icon for that Unity version and select "Add Modules" to confirm what you have installed.

3. RyanWHaire

RyanWHaire

I have it installed, Im thinking ive run out of space on my computer since I am building with maybe not enough space left.

4. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

Another common issue is that the file path exceeds Windows' default maximum of 260 characters. Try moving your project to a directory with fewer folders / shorter names if this sounds like your project might be affected.