Search Unity

Question Getting an error message upon importing mirror, can't enter playmode as a result of the error

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by leckkc, Nov 24, 2022.

1. leckkc

leckkc

Details on the error is listed below:
    (0,0): error System.IO.FileNotFoundException:

with no other further descriptions. Things I've tried include closing the editor and restarting it, deleting mirror and reimporting, restarting my computer, importing mirror to a blank project.

Outcome of restarting the editor:
    Initially, when I tried to add the Network Manager component, it does not appear in the list of options under "Add component". However I managed to add that component after restarting the editor. The error is still there though.

Outcome of importing mirror to brand new project:
    No error found.

What are the possible reasons for getting file not found error on my current project? What can I do to fix it?

Thank you!

2. seantigert

seantigert

3. bastien_humeau

bastien_humeau

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    would it be possible for you to create a bug report with your broken project? So the support team can have a look into the details of the project and maybe figure out what's wrong with it, especially if it's working with an empty new project.

4. leckkc

leckkc

Thank you for the reply! But since there was no error when importing it to a brand new project, I exported the old project as a package without mirror and reimported it to a new project, and the stuff worked. Thus, the problem is probably not with mirror or my laptop. Although the old project still doesn't work, as seen from the error in the console below, the new one works fine.:) So do y'all still want a bug report of the broken project?
    upload_2022-11-25_10-14-7.png

5. bastien_humeau

bastien_humeau

Unity Technologies

Yes, please! Orphan issues like that are very hard to track, and having a project with the issue is always helpful and can help discover some deeper issues that need solving.