Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting "ad requests" but no "impressions" for banner ad

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by hchan4155sf, Apr 25, 2019.

1. hchan4155sf

hchan4155sf

Hi, I am using Unity Ads in my android game and I have placed a banner ad in it. In my Ad Revenue Report I see that i am getting "ad requests" at 100% fill rate but am getting no "impressions". I read that you get paid whenever you get a certain amount of impressions, so if I don't get an "impression" for every banner ad viewed in my game then does that mean I am not making revenue from my banner ad? If that is the case then is there a way to fix this? Am I even supposed to get "impressions" for banner ads?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. unity_akeem

unity_akeem

Unity Technologies

Hello, thanks for reaching out. The Ad Revenue Report ad requests, and corresponding fill rate, refers to all your placements. It is likely that your banner ads haven't gotten any fill, and thus no impressions. You need to get impressions to make revenue for banner ads. We are ramping up efforts to get our partners better fill for banner ads, generally.

You can check your device logs for any alerts indicating that there was no fill. The string should be something like "Could not show banner due to No fill for placement". It might also be worth checking whether your placement id is correct for your banner placement, to be sure.

3. hchan4155sf

hchan4155sf

Hi, my fill rate is actually at 100% and when I run my app on my friend's phone for example, I do see the ads

4. unity_akeem

unity_akeem

Unity Technologies

My apologies, I checked with the team and found that impressions for banner ads are not showing up on the dashboard at this time. This is an issue we are working on.

5. akshaykumarpujar

akshaykumarpujar

Have you fixed this issue? Because I'm also facing the same problem

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@akshaykumarpujar

Yes, banner impressions should be shown in the dashboard. You can actually filter for banner data specifically as well: banner-filter.png