Search Unity

Unity UI Getting a animated preview of each prefab in a list?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by MELTPACK, Sep 29, 2019.

1. MELTPACK

MELTPACK

Hey all, Im making a item menu for my multiplayer map maker, and I want to show, ideally, a rotating image of each item on the menu. The problem is, don't know how can do this. don't want to screenshot each item as it takes time and is a bit tedious. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this? For reference, here's a similar item menu to the one I'm making:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/613141571855974409/627642871205330984/unknown.png
    Cheers in advance!

2. Antistone

Antistone

Your two general approaches are "live" or "recorded".

For "live", you instantiate the prefab so it actually exists in your scene, and then you rotate it over time. (If aligning it with your menu is a problem, you could potentially instantiate it in front of a secondary camera, and then stream the second camera's output to a render texture so you can display it in your menu as a flat image.)

For "recorded", you take a series of still images of your thing from various angles and then show those images in a time sequence. You would probably only do this if the "live" option has performance issues (e.g. if you have a large number of complicated objects and you want to show them all at once in a grid).