Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

GetPixel not getting correct color for PSD and PNG. TARGA ok

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by friken, Jul 14, 2009.

1. friken

friken

Context: iphone unity though I'm pretty sure this would affect non iphone as well. 2D engine using texture mapped planes, no lighting, particle-alphablended.

I am using GetPixel() for a 2d pixel perfect collision and using different colors to denote different collision types. It works really well but I'm having an issue with Unity not returning the correct RGB. As a test I created a texture in photoshop of rgb 128,128,128. A quick calculator of it 128/255=0.5019 (Unity 0-1 float for color). The getpixel returns 0.42 or 109 in 0-255 notation. I get this result if the file is PSD or PNG. I tried a targa thinking maybe it is the file itself and it worked Unity returns 128 (0.5019).

Any idea why this would be? How to fix it? I can't use taga as I need 32bit with alpha. Ideally I'd like to use png as it maintains a better AA for transparancy (aas against edge color instead of white like psds do.

unityunity