Search Unity

GetIconsForTargetGroup possible bug

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by KyleHatch85, Oct 23, 2017.

1. KyleHatch85

KyleHatch85

So i have used this line of code:

Texture2D[] icon = PlayerSettings.GetIconsForTargetGroup(BuildTargetGroup.Standalone);

for ages to get the icon details of my product. But now it's coming up as an empty array each time. Does this not work anymore, has it been replaced, or have i stumbled on a bug. If someone could confirm they are having similar issues that be useful. If people have different version might be able to find when it stopped.

I'm in Unity 2017.2.0f3

Thanks

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

According to the documentation, it's still supposed to return the list of assigned icons for the specified platform. No replacement API has been mentioned in the documentation neither.

If it works in earlier Unity builds, but stopped working in 2017.2, you probably found a bug.

In this case, I recommend to submit a bug-report following the advice in this document.

Using the bug-reporter seems to be an important step, because it makes sure the report is in Unity Technologies bug-tracking pipeline and has to be processed at some point. Using the forum is often used to add to a little more attention to a bug-report, but does not replace submitting the bug-report.

It's from advantage to attach a project to the bug-report that UT can use to reproduce the issue and test their fix against. The easier an issue can be reproduced by QA, the more likely it is to get forwarded to a developer, who might or might not work on a bug-fix for that at some point.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a Case number. UT often asks us to post the Case number in the forum thread, which allows them to find that bug-report if they look at your post.

Following these steps will increase the chance that UT is looking at your issue tremendously.

3. KyleHatch85

KyleHatch85

Thanks for the advice. I guess i'm always concerned i'm wasting someone's time. But then rather there's than mine.

I had checked the documentation for a change in usage but saw none. Until recently I hadn't had an issue, so possibly something that's snuck into 2017. I did notice on release notes that something had been done with it for IOS, so maybe that's broken it elsewhere.

Bug report submitted.

Peter77 likes this.