Search Unity

Question GetHumanPose missing values necessary to save pose

Discussion in 'Animation' started by sbsmith, Jun 10, 2021.

1. sbsmith

sbsmith

I'm attempting to save individual poses as animation clips. This is fine for Generic rigs but I'm having trouble with Humanoid. When I extract the pose using the HumanPoseHandler and GetHumanPose, it returns the 95 muscle values, however, I can not find the additional values required for a pose to work like Root T, Root Q, Motion T, Motion Q, Left Hand T, Left Hand Q, Right Hand T, Right Hand Q, Left Foot T, Left Foot Q, Right Foot T, and Right Foot Q. Without these, the character folds into the default pose that you see when configuring Avatar muscles (with all the joints bent and it sunk into the ground to its hips).

It seems that these are related to root motion and IK, but it is not clear exactly what they are and how I can retrieve them. For example, a clip generated from an FBX doesn't have a hint, so are those hand and foot values actually related to IK?

Questions:
    What are these additional values?
    Can I retrieve these values in editor (basically pose a model and then convert the skeleton pose into the corresponding Humanoid clip)? I ask because the animator IK functions can only run inside the evaluation function calls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sbsmith

sbsmith

Is this the wrong forum for this?

3. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

I'll reach out to the team and see if they have an answer for this!

4. sbsmith

sbsmith

Much appreciated!

5. sbsmith

sbsmith

6. KalOBrien

KalOBrien

Administrator

Havent heard anything back yet I'll keep you posted.

7. bobadi

bobadi