Search Unity

Question GetContentAsync() timeout after 10 seconds

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by PeachyPixels, Sep 21, 2022.

1. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hello!

I've a small (1kb) file that has been deployed to CCD and retrieving it from the cloud is working fine.

But I've just deployed a larger (5mb) file and this particular file is timing out during retrieval.

I'm using...

await CcdManagement.Instance.GetContentAsync(...)

Which results in the following error...

Curl error 28: Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 2021160 out of 5124351 bytes received

It always times out after 10 seconds, regardless of how much of the file has downloaded.

The service status dashboard is reporting no errors, so I'm wondering what's going on here. Surely it doesn't timeout after 10 seconds even when data is loading (albeit slowly)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  2. sebastienUnity3d

sebastienUnity3d

Unity Technologies

Hi PeachyPixels,

Could you give us a timestamp of when this happened with a copy of the request/response.

Thanks

3. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Hi @sebastienUnity3d

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it's not possible to supply the request\response, but I was testing this code between (approximately) 15:00 - 17:00 UTC yesterday (21st Sep). The service status page reported no issues.

Today the 5mb file is taking around 7 seconds to download. So the timeout issue appears to have gone (as it's under 10 seconds) but the download speed is obviously still slow (from Europe)

But regardless of whether this is a local network\ISP or CCD service issue, timing out after ten seconds can't be right.

If you can't see anything from your end, I'll be increasing the file size next week (so will report back with any updates when that happens)