Search Unity

GetConfidence() method for ARKit PointCloud

Discussion in 'AR' started by Tohrak, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Tohrak

Tohrak

2. AnthonyReddan

AnthonyReddan

Having worked with ARKit directly I can tell you that it doesn't provide any confidence values for the point cloud. That being said it seems like ARKit is pre-filtering points because it provides much less than ARCore in general but they seem to be significantly more accurate.

3. AnthonyReddan

AnthonyReddan

Is there any chance we could have it return a list of 1.0f for ARKit instead? @tdmowrer

4. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

That what I would expect. Default value on ARKit should be 1f as confidence level is not available on iOS.

5. BinaryBanana

BinaryBanana

Also, if you are using ARFoundation with remoting tools, all of the confidence level will come as 0f, even on ARCore.

6. dandanthepizzaman666

dandanthepizzaman666

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm trying to find out if ARFoundation will report confidence values for IOS / ARKit in current versions. If not what are folks using for determining confidence on this platform?
    The link in the OP doesn't mention if it's platform specific. I don't have access to an iOS device at this time.
    Thanks!

7. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

As of today, ARKit does not support confidence values for Point Cloud. This feature is only available in ARCore.

8. dandanthepizzaman666

dandanthepizzaman666

Thanks for the quick response - I'm interested in giving the user feedback in response to the tracking confidence. Can you suggest a solution that might be platform agnostic?
    Thanks!

9. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

The only thing you can currently know if tracking state is None, Limited or Tracking.

var session = FindObjectOfType<ARSession>();
    var subsystem = session.subsystem;
    if (subsystem != null) {
    var trackingState = subsystem.trackingState; // can be None, Limited or Tracking
    }

dandanthepizzaman666 likes this.