Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

GetAssetBundle incrementing versions do not delete old Assetbundles?

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by odysoftware, Aug 22, 2019.

1. odysoftware

odysoftware

Hello,

Before the launch of the game, I am using Networking.UnityWebRequestAssetBundle.GetAssetBundle in order to load the correct asset bundles - either from Cache or via https to the client. What I found out today on my ios device is, that if I increment the version number - it does correctly redownload the file from the specified location, but I can also see that the old files remain on the device and the app storage increases. So when incrementing the version number several times - each download takes around 200MB - now I suddenly have over 2 GB of data for this app stored (showed by ios storage manager), because of 10 different versions. Do I have to manually delete the old versions (if so how?) or what is going wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
    Oliver

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

odysoftware likes this.
  3. odysoftware

odysoftware

Ok thanks, I was thinking that the caching system takes care itself of removing old versions after a new one has been downloaded - I wonder why would want to have old versions still alive :)

So no problem then and thanks for clarification,
    Oliver

unityunity