Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

get sketchup scenes (a group of layers) in reflect in unity?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by TheElumenati, Feb 26, 2021.

1. TheElumenati

TheElumenati

I have been able to get the views and turn them on and off. Each object in the unity scene has a metadata script and there is a KEY called "Layer" which is from the SketchUp model.

The SketchUp modeler is collecting multiple SketchUp layers into Sketchup scenes. (In Sketchup a Scene is a collection of "layers".)

I'm trying to get access to the scenes (collection of metadata layer names I think so I can turn on a group of objects). However, I can't find this information in the unity objects that reflect is importing.

So my question is, where do the scenes end up when they land in unity3d. How would I go about turning on or off groups of layers (as defined by scenes) or is there a better way to use one SketchUp file to load multiple different variations on models as one big master scene?

2. GSingland

GSingland

Unity Technologies

Hi TheElumenati !

Sketchup scenes hold lots of meta-information that we unfortunately don't support at the moment. We basically just send the model, regardless of the scene that's opened. So today, there's no way to retrieve such a "preset of hidden layers".

However, since the layer info is present in the metadata, it's still possible to filter/hide your layers manually in the viewer, using the BIM filter window (see https://docs.unity3d.com/reflect/manual/ReflectViewer.html#2-scene-settings). Would this workflow attend to your needs ?