Search Unity

get sketchup scenes (a group of layers) in reflect in unity?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by TheElumenati, Feb 26, 2021.

1. TheElumenati

TheElumenati

I have been able to get the views and turn them on and off. Each object in the unity scene has a metadata script and there is a KEY called "Layer" which is from the SketchUp model.

The SketchUp modeler is collecting multiple SketchUp layers into Sketchup scenes. (In Sketchup a Scene is a collection of "layers".)

I'm trying to get access to the scenes (collection of metadata layer names I think so I can turn on a group of objects). However, I can't find this information in the unity objects that reflect is importing.

So my question is, where do the scenes end up when they land in unity3d. How would I go about turning on or off groups of layers (as defined by scenes) or is there a better way to use one SketchUp file to load multiple different variations on models as one big master scene?

2. GSingland

GSingland

Unity Technologies

Hi TheElumenati !

Sketchup scenes hold lots of meta-information that we unfortunately don't support at the moment. We basically just send the model, regardless of the scene that's opened. So today, there's no way to retrieve such a "preset of hidden layers".

However, since the layer info is present in the metadata, it's still possible to filter/hide your layers manually in the viewer, using the BIM filter window (see https://docs.unity3d.com/reflect/manual/ReflectViewer.html#2-scene-settings). Would this workflow attend to your needs ?

unityunity