Search Unity

Get list of dependencies via code

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MagicDesignEmerick, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MagicDesignEmerick

MagicDesignEmerick

I'm looking into addressables for our loading process, and I'd like to know if there was a way in the API to get the dependencies of an addressable asset.

While there is a way to download in advance the dependencies of an addressable, I can't find a way to infer from this the list of assets effectively downloaded. (edit : see below)

I'd like to get this list from an editor script, as it would be useful for our build process.

Edit : I manageed to get the dependencies working in editor (using
    Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(asset); to which I supplied the wrong key before).
    But it's not working in the editor, from what I gathered the Addressable system cannot init in edit mode)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    csteinberg likes this.
  2. Jribs

Jribs

@MagicDesignEmerick Did you ever find a solution for this?

Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(asset) doesn't give a list of dependencies. It just returns the items that are referenced by the given key.

Edit: To clarify what I am looking for. I want to be able to know which bundles, not specific assets, will be downloaded when I do
    DownloadDependenciesAsync("myAsset")

And I need to write an editor script that will spit out that information

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:15 PM
  3. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel

4. Jribs

Jribs

@BrokenAngel it sounds like you are having a different issue, and you just need to use
    DownloadDependenciesAsync("myAsset")
    which will download everything required to load whatever key you put in.

5. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel

But I need to know which key is, and where I can get those keys ? since I want the application dynamically downloading all the "keys" I need in the server.

6. MagicDesignEmerick

MagicDesignEmerick

@Jribs Unfortunately no, I've resorted to manually keep track of dependancies in our scenes with some calbacks when saving scenes.