Search Unity

Get Audio Spectrum Data from Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by daville, Jan 14, 2018.

1. daville

daville

I have a Script that syncs to the current Audio being listened by the Audio Listener.

I want to export an image sequence of that from the Timeline using the Unity Recorder.

If I export a Movie, it works fine, since the Video Recording is in Realtime.

But If I export a Image Sequence the Audio plays at normal speed (and so is my script reacting to it) but the recording takes longer, so the Audio stops at around 60% of the animation, because the recorder haven't finished yet.

So I think I could solve this if I can get access to the waveform data in the current frame, how can I get access to that binding information?

upload_2018-1-13_23-27-43.png

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but there is an API for timeline that lets you dig down and get the clips on a track, and in the case of audio, get the AudioClips associated with the clips.

Specifically GetOutputTracks, which gets all the non-grouping tracks, TrackAsset.GetClips() which get the timeline clips (for timing information). TimelineClip.asset, cast as an AudioPlayableAsset, contains the AudioClip asset being played.

3. daville

daville

Yes I was looking for that information, I found out about GetOutputTracks but didn't knew how to actually access the AudioClip... I'll try later what you just said.

A related question, what happens if I have multiple Audio Tracks? how can I know which one to get?

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

You can name the tracks (using the inspector). That should help distinguish them. GetOutputTracks returns them in the order that they appear in timeline as well.