Search Unity

Get a ScreenCopy rendertexture in a ScriptableRenderPass

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Shin_S, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Shin_S

Shin_S

Hey there,

I'm looking forward an efficient way to (as the title says) get a RenderTexture that contains a copy of what's rendered by the camera inside my own custom ScriptableRenderPass.

I want to create a blur effect that's why I need this texture.

Thank you for your help.

iSinner likes this.
  2. Shin_S

Shin_S

Still looking for a solution.

I tried to use the Blit render pass found in the LWRP-CustomRendererExamples project from @phil_lira on github, but I can't make it work properly as the Texture destination option seems to be broken :( (an issue has already been open on the repo but with no answer for now)

Anyway I'm not even sure how this Blit feature works exactly ^^' but in the gdc talk that presents that project, the speaker (Andre McGrail) says that it's : "A pass that renders on the gpu that's going to take a shader/material and it's gonna re-render a full screen quad over the entire screen with this material/shader"
    So i thought that maybe just extracting the code that gets a texture from what's rendered could help me with that blur feature I'm trying to make.

3. cAyouMontreal

cAyouMontreal

Bump! I would like to know how I could create a new rendertarget buffer so I can use it to blur the screen. It's so simple with legacy rendering and here I'm really lost...

rboerdijk likes this.
  4. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

DryerLint likes this.